Monday 24 January 2011

Charlotte's almost 11

I have had an eventful week to say the least. A 12 hour sit-in at A&E which turned in to an overnight stay and three detailed chest scans showed the blood clot in my leg had fragmented and part had travelled to my lungs. A lot of pain, an overnight stay and a third day in A&E; after being discharged but then developing breathing difficulties so going back, has basically been the main attraction in the last week. I am ok now, still feeling slightly tight chested but the pain has eased off! Not nice at all, quite worrying. On top of all that, I didn't take any knitting in to hospital with me, so I didn't even manage to come home with some crafty goodness!


In much nicer news, it is Charlotte's birthday on Wednesday and my parents and brother, sister in law and niece came down for some food and fun yesterday. It was the first time I'd been out of bed since Wednesday but all went well and we had a lovely time. Matt's family will come on Wednesday to see her, and then next Monday we're taking her and 2 friends bowling.



Finally, my weekly collage! I'm still having fun finding photos for each day. My photograph for last Monday was meant to be of the man in A&E who had forgotten his trousers (but remembered his cigarettes) but I felt bad sneaking photos of unbeknown subjects!


Top Left: 18/365 - The view from my hospital bed
Top Middle: 15/365 - The 'Hollyoaks Hunk' for January - my bedroom calendar
Top Right: 19/365 - My gorgeous chocolate fudge get well cake from Hayley. With her rude name for me blurred out!! ;o)
Middle Left: 17/365 - A blood pressure monitor, taken in A&E
Middle Right: 20/365 - The beginnings of a sock, waiting room knitting
Bottom Left: 21/365 - My first Cadbury's Cream Egg of 2011
Bottom Right: 16/365 - a lovely Sunday morning fry-up

No comments:

Post a Comment